Join the Ashes of Creation MMORPG
(Register or log in to remove advertisements - why ads?)

Hlormaren (Closed)


Started by Miasmador
Post #164642
Member

Likes Given: 82
Likes Received: 169
Faction & Race:
Aldmeri Dominion
Khajiit
((Just so people don't read through this whole thing for no reason, I'm afraid that people playing have already been decided and no spots are available now!))

On the Bitter coast, between Seyda Neen and Vivec, sat a little inn without a name (The sign had sunk into a swamp years ago, and the innkeeper had forgotten what it was called). It was a derelict little place, with a wall missing, gone into the swamp with the sign, and no tables. It was really the kind of tavern that you would expect to find severed heads and corpses in the cellar. Yet it was a popular little place for travellers, and a few people looking for a job or two often gathered there on a monthly basis, as the work was, more often than not, plentiful in these parts. A bedraggled man, in expensive shredded robes and broken finery, limped towards the inn with an intent look on his face. He was determined to get some Sujamma down his gullet, and while he was at it hire a couple of experienced adventurers looking for work. Experienced adventurers. That was the opposite of what he was going to get.

A lonely Khajiit sat on one of the chairs that were positioned as if around a table. She had noticed the whole structure, walls, floor, paintings, were at a tilt towards the swamp that you could see through the 'wall-that-wasn't-there'. It was quite funny really, a drunken Dunmer had slipped and fallen through the massive gap into the swamp earlier. She sighed deeply, if the tavern wasn't so convenient, and if it didn't have the most marvellous, cheap sujamma, then she wouldn't be here at all! A man tripped over the wood, that had jutted out of the ground when the wall fell into the swamp, by the doorway and stumbled into the tavern to plant his backside firmly on a chair with a long, tired sigh. He clutched a scroll which, as the innkeeper brought him a drink of sujamma (it was the only drink that the inn served, apart from a couple of bottles of skooma with the corpses and severed heads down in the cellar) he went to put down on the table. The table that wasn't there. It dropped onto the floor with a heavy thud, and slowly began rolling towards the swamp. Promptly, it dropped into the swamp, yet the man just stared after it and, with another sigh, beckoned to the Khajiit. "You there, lass. Go and fetch that for me, would you, and I'll buy you a bottle of sujamma." It wasn't that the Khajiit wanted the ale, it was that she couldn't, actually, disobey.

When out of the door and at the side of the swamp, she scrunched up her nose and rolled up her sleeve before plunging her arm into the repugnant swamp water. She got a grasp on something, pulled it out, with much effort. It turned out to be a stone, from the long ago collapsed wall, no doubt. On her second try, she managed to find the soggy paper and pull it out. It was in poor condition, dripping with green mud, and a lilly pad type plant clung to it. She peeled of the plant and trudged up the slope back into the tavern. The man was flat out on his back, his chair tipped over, and he was snoring softly. He wouldn't wake up for a long time. She sat back down on her chair, wiped off some of the swamp water, and peered closely at the text. Interesting... Very interesting...

The Khajiit slapped it onto the wall so everyone could see, yet the innkeeper only glanced up and grunted slightly at the slime dripping down his wall, it wasn't the cleanest of taverns anyway. It read,

"Dear men, mer and beast races. If you are an adventurer of any kind, you are summoned to Balmora and the Eight Plates inn. You are to be given a job, which you shall be rewarded greatly for if you succeed."

Frustratingly, it read no more, yet the curious symbols that dotted the bottom of the page somehow made the reader want to go to The Eight Plates... Oh, she had figured out why, they were money symbols! The Khajiit let out a pleased purr, and a grin spread across her face, yet she sat back down. She would wait, and see who else was interested. After all, this was a common place for adventurers to gather.
This post was last modified: March 29th 2014, 12:11 PM by Miasmador


Vlos Hithern

Banana Beer! <-- Click for banana beer!
Like this post Reply
The following 1 user likes Miasmador's post:
MaxxRocker
Post #164713
Member

Likes Given: 117
Likes Received: 233
"OVIS!" Someone exclaimed with a sarcastic sounding amount of excitement from the door way.
The innkeeper looked up a with giving a sigh and an obvious expression of mixed emotions at the voice he very easily recognized.

As the door swung open a Breton was easily seen in the center of the door way confidently and casually almost as if he owned the building though of course he didn't. He was dressed in his favorite traveling gear and his facial hair had grown into a nice trimmed and very meticulously groomed short beard. The only thing he visibly carried was the lute on his back. He had a grin across his face as he began to step by step near the bar and the innkeeper.

"So where have you been the past few days?" Ovis asked in a joking manner.
"Just moving about doing work here and there." The Breton said with a chuckle.

Ovis slid a drink to the man who promptly took it and began to take a drink. "So how's the cellar looking?" The Breton asked.
"It's a bit of a mess right now..." Ovis gave a heavy sigh and looked past the Breton to the passed out man on the floor. "Any chance you can get him out of the way Lagu?" Ovis nudged in the direction of the man.

Lagu glanced over his shoulder and chuckled a little before taking a big gulp of his drink and slamming it down on the bar. Ovis flinched a little the bottle landed far to close to his hand for comfort and if it had landed on it he would have had a couple of broken fingers. "You could be more careful..." Ovis began to say before being cut off.

"Looks like he isn't waking up that way." Lagu said interrupting Ovis. He walked over to the man and began to rifle through his things nothing of real worth a ring or two some gold. "I'll be taking this as payment." He said slipping the silver ring off the man fingers and placing the money in a concealed pouch on his clothing. He then drug the man to the doorway and slid him out into the swamp promptly shutting the door showing no care remorse or even concern for any of what he had done or how it would affect the man when he awoke. After that he went back to the bar and began to drink his booze and carried own a friendly and casual conversation with the innkeeper.

They spoke of recent happenings work around town and interesting people who had come to the bar, but after a few minutes it was obvious that most of what Lagu did with the innkeeper was listen and he only said things to glean more information about what prospects surrounded him never really giving details where he had been what he had done or who he had seen since his last visit though Ovis seemed to notice little or care little just happy to be rid of the drunkard and see a familiar face.


The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination-Voltaire
GM Vlos Hithern actively recruiting EP Guild Check us out!
Like this post Reply
Post #164735
Member

Likes Given: 420
Likes Received: 243
Faction & Race:
Daggerfall Covenant (Breton)
The door swung open and in stepped a Knight that presently were dressed in high quality leather travelling gear with a green cloak draped on his back, aswell as a bow and Arrows, in his hand he carried a steel shield. On his hip a skillfully made longsword hung. The face was Young, and showed the determination and pride that comes so easily to Young Knights.

The most of the small inn's guests turned their gaze on the Knight, who had the name of Edward Virane. He gazed around, looking around in the rugged in for potentially friendly faces. A body had been dumped outside and in the name of the law he wasn't going to let this pass without consequences. "Who are responsible for the murder of the corpse outside?!" the Knight demanded, he hand fingering on the hilt of his blade.
This post was last modified: March 29th 2014, 02:33 PM by Archmage Alator


The Archmage of the council of Arcanea.

We are openly recruiting, any Roleplayers in the Covenant who are looking for a Guild, this is the Guild for you http://www.tesof.com/topic-the-council-o...ying-guild
Like this post Reply
Post #164743
Member

Likes Given: 4
Likes Received: 12
Faction & Race:
Ebonheart Pact (Argonian)
A Khajiit walked in after Edward, 'accidentally' bumping into the side of the knight, but while he did so he felt for any pockets but found none of this side. He apologized quickly and continued walking forward. His face was hidden underneath his patched-together leather hood and the rest of his features were covered in leather armor with the occasional fur, the only thing indicating that he was a Khajiit was his tail. Interestingly enough, he carried no weapons at his side, despite the obvious adventurer feel emitting from him. He wasn't one to drink but his plan was to steal from the tavern and it's inhabitants. However, before he stole anything, a wall of text caught his eye and he walked up to it carefully, trying not to trip on anything. He glanced at the Khajiit that was near it, but looked back at the text. "How much?" He said, looking at the Khajiit, his eyes flashing in the firelight for a split second.


Dar'Rak: Khajiit assassin, son of the Mane, at your service. But not really.
Im-Kur: Argonian Nightblade, killer of men, caster of spells.
Like this post Reply
Post #164749
Member

Likes Given: 273
Likes Received: 92
Faction & Race:
Ebonheart Pact
Argonian
A Dunmer calmly walks out of the cellar behind the bar, sharpening his sword rather loudly and obnoxiously. He stops for a second, having a look at the high quality armor and sword a foreign Breton bears, then rolls his shoulders, his full set of Bonemold armor flexibly moving along with the movement. He grunts then sheathes his steel blade right by his silver one of equal size and a Bonemold shield, apparently satisfied with the two swords' current condition, and walks over to the bar, taking a seat. He takes one more look around, his gaze stopping for a second longer on the scroll on the wall, then looks at the barkeep.

Vallin Uvayn coughs and motions him to draw nearer, which he does, then he gruffly whispers, "It's all good down there. Mostly. Now get me a drink, and don't have me wait. I don't like waiting." He scowls, then turns around, casually looking at all the other people at the inn. Mostly Dunmer, as expected, but there was the odd Khajiit and Breton here and there too. How a Khajiit walks around freely in this land, I do not know he thinks. He sighs then quickly grabs the mug of sujamma Ovis holds out to him, then takes a good, long drink from it. Looking back at the scroll plastered on the wall nearby, he sees a strange Khajiit enter the inn and ask another Khajiit, possibly the employer, how much the reward money would be. He decides to focus himself on listening in on the conversation, maybe it could be his next job if he gleans enough information from it.
This post was last modified: March 29th 2014, 02:39 PM by Epicface


Lurks-In-Shadows - The Thief.
Jo'Rakha - The Cleric.
Xefrenos - The Werecrocodile.

Vlos Hithern!
Like this post Reply
Post #164760
Member

Likes Given: 117
Likes Received: 233
The Knight Edward much to his displeasure did not find any inviting or friendly faces among the people in the inn. Of the ten or so people almost all were Dunmer almost all of them were certainly natives and truthfully they didn't care for outsiders other than it being potentially good for business. Even then in fact it was a quite tolerance often coated in rude words and dagger eyed glances. Murmurs passed through some of the groups from each person to the next not only an outsider, but such a posh one coming into a place like this. As he spoke a few of he patrons scoffed and rolled their eyes it wasn't something they liked to have someone on their territory especially making demands of them.

"I'd say its none your damn business who's responsible outsider and you gotta be daft to think he's dead he's just passed out from being a drunk." A dunmer said spitting in the direction of Edward. A few of the other dunmer patrons nodded along in agreement. Ovis for the moment stayed silent he really didn't care one way or the other if a fight broke out he'd just make damn certain they took it outside and if it got to bloody the swamps hid things rather well he thought to himself.

Lagu smiled to himself as he quietly drank his Sujama listening to the knight and giving glances to the khajits who had began to discuss some matters of business over some soggy note. He was looking forward to the day opportunities seemed to popping up all around him today. "Ovis go get my bag from the cellar if you don't mind." Lagu said as he sipped on his drink. For now he would play the observer.

As Ovis walked toward the cellar he looked to Lagu and the Dunmer known as Vallin "Make sure this doesn't get to out of hand and if it does handle it." He said in a low voice so only they could hear him.


The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination-Voltaire
GM Vlos Hithern actively recruiting EP Guild Check us out!
Like this post Reply
Post #164869
Member

Likes Given: 420
Likes Received: 243
Faction & Race:
Daggerfall Covenant (Breton)
"Someone that is alive usually do not reek of Death. As an upholder of the law it's my damn buisness" the Knight replied.
Edward moved closer to the annoying Dunmeri, with a hard gaze fixed on them, his fingers still at his hilt.

He couldn't Believe it, he was already getting invloved in problems despite only being in the tavern for about a minute. He had come to dislike Morrowind and many of it's inhabitants.

"Is there something else that you would like to tell me?" Edward said in a threatening voice to the Dunmer.
This post was last modified: March 30th 2014, 01:33 AM by Archmage Alator


The Archmage of the council of Arcanea.

We are openly recruiting, any Roleplayers in the Covenant who are looking for a Guild, this is the Guild for you http://www.tesof.com/topic-the-council-o...ying-guild
Like this post Reply
Post #164876
Member

Likes Given: 82
Likes Received: 169
Faction & Race:
Aldmeri Dominion
Khajiit
The Khajiit, Ruhn'al, was at first happy to observe the newcomers and laugh slightly as they talked about the man in the swamp. Her eyes caught on the other Khajiit as he 'bumped' into the knight, but she couldn't fully tell if he was trying to steal anything. Even so, she shifted away from him as he walked over. "How much?" She glanced up at him as if to answer, but was momentarily distracted by the fact that a Dunmer entered the inn from the cellar. She shuddered and squirmed away as a shiver ran up her spine. He had a silver sword. She forced herself to swallow the lump in her throat and look up at the Khajiit standing before her, hoping no-one had noticed. "Umm... Oh, I don't know..." She beckoned towards the swamp and the spluttering sounds that could now be heard as the man woke up. "Ask him." She flashed a smile at the other Khajiit. "Would you be interested?" As she waited for a reply, she looked around at the newcomers, scrunching her nose up doubtfully. Evidently a very... interesting mix of personalities.

The disturbance the knight and commoners were making caught her attention and she called over to the knight. "Don't you worry, he's just asleep. Unless a dead man snores." She put on a hopefully friendly looking smile for the man, she didn't want to make any enemies so soon after her... Her eyebrows furrowed slightly and another sigh escaped her lips. There was no point pondering on the past. She looked at the knight, he certainly had impressive armour, yet she only wore her plain shirt and trousers, and she doubted the single chitin pauldron would protect her if she got into a fight with the knight.
This post was last modified: March 30th 2014, 02:51 AM by Miasmador


Vlos Hithern

Banana Beer! <-- Click for banana beer!
Like this post Reply
Post #164924
Member

Likes Given: 117
Likes Received: 233
"Outsider you better hold your tongue upholder of the law whatever you may call yourself you do not have those rights here this is not your land these are not your people and this is not your concern. That smell of death is the damned swamp." One of the dunmer retorted in a angrily dismissive tone before adding under his breath "By Azura damn outsiders...". A few of the other dunmer who had murmured and grown even more so displeased at the nights presence began to gather together. Six of them and at least three looked to be mercenaries or warriors of some sort if this continued things might get bloody.

Ovis rummaged around in the cellar he could hear a bit of commotion up stairs, but hopefully his patrons or at least the two associates of his had it handled he had business to attend to. He checked the shipment of skooma making sure the amounts were right and looked over the heads of the peddlers who had tried to swindle his boss out of both moon sugar and gold. Vallin had identified the heads as those who were suppose to be dead and that was good enough for him just business as usual he thought. "Where is this god damn bag. I know it's somewhere down here..." Ovis grumbled to himself as he helplessly scratched his head as he looked around in the mess of a cellar.

Lagu sat rather amused with knights honorable display. Honor? Well he is in the wrong place for honor of his kind or law...ah such constructs in that fashion only restrict ones true potential Lagu quietly thought to himself. Lagu stood up slowly and placed his drink down after a long sip walking over to the six Dunmer who now stood together he whispered something in audible in one of their ears and a glance and a nod of agreement was given as a reply.


The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination-Voltaire
GM Vlos Hithern actively recruiting EP Guild Check us out!
Like this post Reply
Post #164970
Member

Likes Given: 273
Likes Received: 92
Faction & Race:
Ebonheart Pact
Argonian
With a grunt, Vallin hoists himself from his seat at the bar and casually strides over to the breton knight. He sighs and pats him on the back, looking at the other Dunmeri who were still glaring at the Breton. "Try not to start something you can't finish, and if you do want to fight these mer, which I wouldn't suggest you do, take it outside. The bodies are easier to hide out there." He says in a calm voice, hardly lowering the tone of it at all, then says rather pointedly at both sides, "I don't exactly care either way who dies, but... for a bit of gold, I could choose a side." He doesn't smile at all, only standing tall as he walks back to his seat, showing his armor and weapons in the smoothest way he can. As he returns to his seat, his gaze returns to the scroll, then he hears a strange noise outside, apparently the man with the contract as it were. He smiles slyly then waits a while longer to reveal his interest in the little quest.


Lurks-In-Shadows - The Thief.
Jo'Rakha - The Cleric.
Xefrenos - The Werecrocodile.

Vlos Hithern!
Like this post Reply
Post #164974
Member

Likes Given: 4
Likes Received: 12
Faction & Race:
Ebonheart Pact (Argonian)
"Whoever made this scroll, show yourself!" The Khajiit yelled, surprising everyone in the tavern. When no one responded, he unsheathed his claws and made a large diagonal scratch on the tavern wall, the wood shredding almost like butter. "Now." He growled. "And you Dunmer, and I mean all of you, stop your bickering and maybe make a few friends, if that's even possible." He added, glaring at every Dunmer in the tavern.


Dar'Rak: Khajiit assassin, son of the Mane, at your service. But not really.
Im-Kur: Argonian Nightblade, killer of men, caster of spells.
Like this post Reply
Post #164984
Member

Likes Given: 82
Likes Received: 169
Faction & Race:
Aldmeri Dominion
Khajiit
She shrunk away from the other Khajiit with a little hiss of surprise. "Friend, they are no longer here." She looked around at the people and, feeling the tension was growing to an unbearable level, she went against all instinct she had. Jumping up from her chair she grabbed the leaflet off the wall and thrust it high into the air. "Hey, look at this people." Cringing slightly as a few of the Dunmer turned towards her, she almost sat down in fear. "You like fighting? I'm sure there is much fighting at this job, and you get gold for it! Sounds good, hmm?" Her voice was loud enough for everyone to hear, and interrupted all other talk. Pretty much everyone in the tavern turned to stare at her and she slapped the scroll back on the wall, grinning in the way that your do when absolutely terrified. The then spun on her heels and crept into the very corner of the room.


Vlos Hithern

Banana Beer! <-- Click for banana beer!
Like this post Reply
Post #164994
Member

Likes Given: 273
Likes Received: 92
Faction & Race:
Ebonheart Pact
Argonian
Vallin stands up abruptly when the male Khajiit yells at the Dunmer in the room. He scowls and draws his steel blade and begins to walk over to him just as the other Khajiit shows off the scroll once more. He wears his menacing expression as he walks over to the terrified Khajiit in the corner, holding the sword in a passive way, in one hand against his side. He keeps his eyes on the Khajiit who liked to yell, but spoke to one in the corner in his now angry voice, "Well, I'm interested. Caught my attention when you said gold." He cracks his neck and glares at the other Khajiit, daring him to back up his words in a fight.
This post was last modified: March 30th 2014, 11:59 AM by Epicface


Lurks-In-Shadows - The Thief.
Jo'Rakha - The Cleric.
Xefrenos - The Werecrocodile.

Vlos Hithern!
Like this post Reply
Post #165006
Member

Likes Given: 4
Likes Received: 12
Faction & Race:
Ebonheart Pact (Argonian)
"So, you like gold? Then we have a common interest." Dah'Sava said to him, glancing at the other Khajiit. He held out his hand for the Dunmer to shake. "Very well. We will have an easier time working together. I am Dah'Sava."


Dar'Rak: Khajiit assassin, son of the Mane, at your service. But not really.
Im-Kur: Argonian Nightblade, killer of men, caster of spells.
Like this post Reply
Post #165022
Member

Likes Given: 273
Likes Received: 92
Faction & Race:
Ebonheart Pact
Argonian
Vallin raises an eyebrow at Dah'Sava, then says bluntly, still holding a slight grudge for what he said earlier, "Everyone here likes gold, Khajiit. Doesn't make us any more alike." He lets the hand stay there, not making a move to shake it, instead looking down at the sword he holds, and quickly sheathes it, but keeps his hands at the ready in case a fight does come.


Lurks-In-Shadows - The Thief.
Jo'Rakha - The Cleric.
Xefrenos - The Werecrocodile.

Vlos Hithern!
Like this post Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(Register or log in to remove advertisements - why ads?)


This fan site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries. Including, but not limited to, Bethesda Game Studios and ZeniMax Online Studios.
The Elder Scrolls® images © ZeniMax Media Inc. / Forum content © TESOF.com